Name:
Location: United States

Hah! As if! Not saying a gol-darned thing. Use your imagination!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tippi Hedren

What is it with me and stupid animals??? This is a picture of a starling that somehow made it down our chimney. I heard it flapping around in the chimney this morning. Quite a racket! I used all sorts of packing tape and screening to make sure that it could not get out, then I opened the flue. Down the bird came getting a lot of soot everywhere. I closed up my improvised cage and left to ponder how in the world I was going to get rid of the animal! About an hour later, I saw it fly through the living room! So much for my improvised containment field (yes, too much Star Trek).

On go the leather gloves, out comes the trusty Aladdin beach towel. (Grandma is watching through the closed doors.) After much flapping about, crashing into windows, bookshelves and such- but luckily NOT the TV (that's another blog post), the stupid starling landed near a window. I opened a different one, threw the towel over it, grabbed the blasted beastie and broke it's nasty neck!

Ha! Gotcha. I actually released it. After all, my mother was watching. So I permitted the stupidest of all invasive species to fly out and try to perpetuate. Dumb. Oh well. Another day in my life, what can I say?

Good thing Nora wasn't home. I let her watch The Birds a while back. She would have freaked. The flapping/flying/noise was reminiscent of that movie. :) I don't have near as much money or good looks as Tippi Hedren (what a stupid name).

3 Comments:

Blogger DaWheeze said...

Thank you for not killing the beastie. You are an animal magnet, or maybe you have animal magnetism...hehe.

6:01 PM  
Blogger clem said...

You can always get side jobs in animal control. How about letting your skills loose on the moles?

5:14 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

haa nice one maryn. Nora watched the birds? That movie freaked me out when I was 18! poor kid. Voyager is much safer. Ohh, that reminds me, I should order it from the library so I can watch it in my free time during May. Did I already tell you about the restaurant on saturday? I think I did.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home