Name:
Location: United States

Hah! As if! Not saying a gol-darned thing. Use your imagination!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Things you don't want to see


Recently our dishwasher sprang a leak. No problem, right? The mechanical genius (me) is on the case! I took it apart and found the most likely sources of the problem - a stretched seal, a loose screw, and a worn out gasket. Unfortunately, I took off the toe kick panel and found many other little problems...mice calling cards. Here's a view. Not a pretty sight. So, I vacuumed up all of the peanut shells and the mouse turds and various other unrecognizable disgusting vomitrocious thingies . In the process, I managed to break part of the vacuum cleaner. Sigh. No worries there though because it's under a ten year warranty. At least, I hope that part is covered. So much for mechanical genius, right? Double sigh. On the bright side, the area under the dishwasher is now clean! It doesn't smell like old mouse pee anymore either! Sears carries all the parts I need and they are on the way. The previous owner had a peanut-in-the-shell fetish. Seriously. He had bowls of them everywhere. No wonder there was a teensy weensy rodent problem! I spent a lot of time vacuuming mouse turds and wiping down every surface when we moved in. Silly me, I didn't even think to take apart the dishwasher!

Now I just have to get rid of the meal moths! The sprinkling rite did NOT work! Trouble is, I can't find their food source. Everything has been cleaned/vacuumed/bagged/sealed. Working on the sex pheromone angle. Trouble with those things is that they only last about a week. Any ideas? Reminds one of the D.Cous Japanese Beetle escapades...more fun this year I wonder??

3 Comments:

Blogger clem said...

All I can say is, "It's a good thing you're a janitor," among other wonderful occupational and life skills.

4:49 AM  
Blogger D.Cous. said...

Yeah, try the pheremones thing. If your infestation is small enough, you shouldn't need it for too long. Besides, there's sort of a sick thrill in watching evolution work against the little bugggers. "Oh boy! Sex! No, wait! This isn't sex, it's poison! Aaaaaaggggghhh." Awesome.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Haaa, nice pic mom. Sounds like fun and a half. see you on friday afternoon!

Hey, I updated with two preschool stories, one of which michael will enjoy. Maybe I'll tell it to him this weekend, not at dinner. Kind of like a georgie story, these preschool tales of mine.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home