Name:
Location: United States

Hah! As if! Not saying a gol-darned thing. Use your imagination!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Joy of Packing

Well, lots of boxes around. A lot of them are quite full. I think pretty soon we'll begin to put stuff out on the curb with a very tacky "FREE" sign nearby. Maybe they'll take the van by mistake?

We have way too much stuff! The Cousino shack is already pretty full. We're thinking about the new house and both CLEM and I say to each other with alarming frequency, "No way is all this stuff going to fit in the new house." I tend to add various expletives, at least in my mind! The folks at Monroe's are going to hate us...a lot of heavy trash to pick up!

Amusingly, we're finding lots of material for our second (yup first one is full) family scrap box. Michael saw some old pictures of Dan and Nora in their school uniforms and asked, "Who are these kids? They look like they go to SSA." He was shocked that they were Daniel in fourth grade? and Nora in kindergarten. Tee Hee.

Remember the "head" sculpture? Actually, the copy of Mary's head from the Pieta. Well, it's in a small box waiting to be properly packaged. Michael and I were standing nearby surveying all the _______ "stuff" (fill in the blank with appropriate expletive). The aforementioned disembodied head was right in front of him at eye level. He looks at me, looks at Mary. Then with a cackle he sticks his finger up her nose. Yup, rude boy has morphed into disrespectful boy. Actually, it's just boy, I guess. Sigh. Pretty funny though, I admit.

Gotta go throw more stuff away...(cackle, cackle).

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Ahh, ha ha, I love Michael. I bet Mary laughed too.

Don't get too carried away with purging...remember there are those of us that are not able to defend our useless favorite pieces of junk!

Also: LIFE STORY LIFE STORY LIFE STORY LIFE STORY!! Grandma and Grandpa have BOTH responded quite excellently. I'm getting a lot of helpful stuff out of those letters (not just cute anecdotes).

LIFE STORY!!!! Bug dad too.

1:04 PM  
Blogger DaWheeze said...

Oh Michael, that's pretty hilarious. Have fun pitching and purging!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home