A change in the theme...
This week's theme is "weird things people do in Church".
Yesterday's church cleaning yielded interesting tidbits...
The grape flavored "Laffy Taffy" was a special treat to clean up off the tile. Thank God it wasn't on the carpet. When I first came across it, I thought it was purple candle wax. There was a funeral sandwiched in my cleaning time, so I decided to wait to deal with it until after the funeral just in case I got in over my head. Daniel came and rescued me by helping mop the entire huge worship space. What a literal pain. My arm still hurts. Sigh. The only good thing about the candy on the floor is that it made the mop bucket smell better than usual!
Pepperidge Farm goldfish were popular this week. As were Cheerios.
I do believe I have mentioned before that "RAISINS ARE FROM THE DEVIL". Seriously, they make an absolute mess! Especially when someone steps on them, grinding them into the tile then smearing them onto even more tile with every step they take - think sticky raisin gunk scuff marks. If your kid makes a mess on the floor at Church, why don't you clean it up?!
Daniel told me that he saw someone text messaging during the Lifeteen Mass. Apparently he kept at it almost the entire time. Hmmm...somebody's Daddy is paying for an expensive service. Of course, he MUST have been texting the key points of the Homily, right? Last time I checked, God doesn't answer emails, at least not directly.
Our neighbors moved yesterday. Boo hoo. Hope the new ones are as friendly.
Today, MPM turns 6. Who'da thunk? Time really does fly.
TTFN
Yesterday's church cleaning yielded interesting tidbits...
The grape flavored "Laffy Taffy" was a special treat to clean up off the tile. Thank God it wasn't on the carpet. When I first came across it, I thought it was purple candle wax. There was a funeral sandwiched in my cleaning time, so I decided to wait to deal with it until after the funeral just in case I got in over my head. Daniel came and rescued me by helping mop the entire huge worship space. What a literal pain. My arm still hurts. Sigh. The only good thing about the candy on the floor is that it made the mop bucket smell better than usual!
Pepperidge Farm goldfish were popular this week. As were Cheerios.
I do believe I have mentioned before that "RAISINS ARE FROM THE DEVIL". Seriously, they make an absolute mess! Especially when someone steps on them, grinding them into the tile then smearing them onto even more tile with every step they take - think sticky raisin gunk scuff marks. If your kid makes a mess on the floor at Church, why don't you clean it up?!
Daniel told me that he saw someone text messaging during the Lifeteen Mass. Apparently he kept at it almost the entire time. Hmmm...somebody's Daddy is paying for an expensive service. Of course, he MUST have been texting the key points of the Homily, right? Last time I checked, God doesn't answer emails, at least not directly.
Our neighbors moved yesterday. Boo hoo. Hope the new ones are as friendly.
Today, MPM turns 6. Who'da thunk? Time really does fly.
TTFN

3 Comments:
i love that you too have a blog! thats awesome. looking forward to more mommy mish musings :)
i'll rant for a moment too... not only do people not clean up after their kids, but they also somehow seem to be able to ignore them during Mass. I mean, i hope someday i'm holy enough to be so engrossed in the Mass that all distractions fade away... but come on people, your kid is distracting everyone in the church... stand up and take them out!! :) and this from a person who LOVES kids... probably even your kid, just doesn't think church is the place for that kind of behavior.
someday, when i am queen...
hmmm, I too could rant about children and their parents...but I won't.
Totally meant to call the Poop yesterday. Did his remote control you know what come? will call tonight before Lost....Joni's coming over to cook chili and watch the season premier with me and Sandy (lauren having declared her intention of studying instead...pish).
Really not getting anything done on anything.
Sorry "no one" reads your blog. We're all missing out on your literary treats.
I could certainly improve my offerings.
Post a Comment
<< Home