Poor Michael
So, as you all probably know, we have managed to sell our house. We have put an offer in on a house much closer to everything that we do AND close to Grandma's doctors AND with space that will work for Grandpa and Grandma. Why poor Michael? Because this is the only house he knows. Weird. He said the other day, "The reason I'm sad about moving is this is where I LIVE." Too true. Poor kid. Welcome to real life. Transitory and all that.
Poor Nora. She's not a big fan of moving either, if only because she knows I'll make her purge her 'stuff'. She's pretty much convinced it will be horrible. We'll work on her. She'll be much closer to her school and can sleep later every day, much closer to CTK and can leave at the very last minute to get to Mass, we'll have a sledding hill, lots of land, closer to her best friend's house and on and on. Oh yeah, and did I mention she can be spoiled by grandparents? All in one fell swoop! Such a deal!
Thanks to all you family members who have helped with the too many funeral luncheons of late. I'm getting too good at it. Still not perfect - I still cannot figure out quantities very well. But noone RSVPs to a funeral lunch, so it's just a guess anyway! Maryn and I set up for this last one on Sunday night. What a blessed relief to not have to do anything the morning of except think about what time to plug in the coffee pots etc. This time, I made too much coffee (again) but at least no one complained (either way) about it being too weak or too strong!
I have officially resigned my post at the PCPL. Sadness. Sort of. I will enjoy having Friday and Tuesday nights back! Heck, I may even be able to stay up and watch chick flicks on Fridays - as long as they finish by 10 PM. :)
Well, gotta go sort thru cookbooks, and art cupboards. Hee Hee! I can't wait. Noone can stop me now.....
Poor Nora. She's not a big fan of moving either, if only because she knows I'll make her purge her 'stuff'. She's pretty much convinced it will be horrible. We'll work on her. She'll be much closer to her school and can sleep later every day, much closer to CTK and can leave at the very last minute to get to Mass, we'll have a sledding hill, lots of land, closer to her best friend's house and on and on. Oh yeah, and did I mention she can be spoiled by grandparents? All in one fell swoop! Such a deal!
Thanks to all you family members who have helped with the too many funeral luncheons of late. I'm getting too good at it. Still not perfect - I still cannot figure out quantities very well. But noone RSVPs to a funeral lunch, so it's just a guess anyway! Maryn and I set up for this last one on Sunday night. What a blessed relief to not have to do anything the morning of except think about what time to plug in the coffee pots etc. This time, I made too much coffee (again) but at least no one complained (either way) about it being too weak or too strong!
I have officially resigned my post at the PCPL. Sadness. Sort of. I will enjoy having Friday and Tuesday nights back! Heck, I may even be able to stay up and watch chick flicks on Fridays - as long as they finish by 10 PM. :)
Well, gotta go sort thru cookbooks, and art cupboards. Hee Hee! I can't wait. Noone can stop me now.....

6 Comments:
Maryn will like the new place because of the amount of nature on the "estate," although no running or standing water can be found.
Teens may enjoy summers with the firepit in the back. The fireplace may actually work too, that is without burning down the house (like happened in our current neighborhood).
Nobody does it better, J.J., when it comes to funeral luncheon planning and performance. It is sometimes thankless, but "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren..."
Well, back to work.
Hurray! A new post!!! I think the hous e looks awesome, hope i'll get to see it on Thursday.
I want to see it, but I guess it will have ot be a surprise. That was pretty cute, what Michael said. Have fun purging!
Hey, a post. Cool. I'm sure that your funeral luncheon efforts don't go totally unnoticed, although perhaps underappreciated. Good luck with the purging, I'm sure you'll be able to sell the young'uns on the new digs!
Yeah! Mom posted! Poor kids. But hey, there are a lot of awesome things about living closer to AA, like not having to leave at 3:45 to get to 4:30 Mass, or 10:30 for the 11:15. Can anyone say "11:12?" Heh heh.
Can't wait to see the house in person.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
<< Home